Turn inside out and look what you have. Do not belive in fairy tales.
What have at the moment:
- anemic domain model;
- domain API (interfaces);
- xml hibernate mapping (with some advanced tricks like meta and java code injection);
- generated from xml hibernate entities, that implements domain API.
I want to add full text search to existing stuff, of cause the first solution - lets use hibernate search ! Do you belive, that is possible ? I was too naive and believed that is possible.
- impossible to configure hibernate search with xml
- impossible to annotate entity interface with @Indexed, @Field, etc. because hibernate search look for annotation in class only
- hibernate tools not support <meta> tags for hibernate search.
So im gonna to throw hibernate search away and use something like compass or hack it